About The Conyers House
 

 
 

 

 

Known as Conyers' Old Store by 1815, Fink's General Store by 1850, and a hippie commune in the '70s, this primitive, old building was purchased by the Cartwright-Browns in 1979 to resurrect as a weekend retreat from their home in Kenwood in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Two years later, having added plumbing, the Cartwright-Browns decided to try innkeeping and welcomed their first guests. Enjoy unpretentious elegance, warm hospitality, 18th Century charm, seven guest rooms with private baths and cozy fireplaces; marvelously enthusiastic and compatible guests, Norman's delightful stories and car collection, Sandra's dedication to fox hunting, antiques and gardening, and our magnificent breakfasts and candlelit dinners. We love our resident "presence," our horses, our dogs. Sleep to the peaceful symphony of the insects, frogs and birds. We have five rooms in the main house, and two separate out buildings, all of which have private bathrooms with tubs and showers, fireplaces, and most have private porches.

 
 

Copyright 2007 The Conyers House Country Inn & Stable, LLC. All rights reserved.
Webmaster: PJ Web Designs